Principal Designer (UX)
£98k + Car allowance + bonus
Permanent remote position or office, south, Central & Northern office.
Within an established Digital Mgt Consultancy.
Overseeing the development of Internal products & client products.
Join a team of highly skilled researchers, analysts and designers who collaborate in developing products and services that make a difference?
Realise the opportunity of working with hundreds of organisations worldwide to deliver outcomes that benefit users, consumers and employees and ultimately unlock business value through technology. The beauty of their approach is that it can be applied to any industry or market; this client of ours is a management consultancy that strategizes, discovers, hypothesise, ideate, test, they iterate, & deliver at every step putting their people and their needs at the heart of their decisions.
Challenge their clients to embrace change as they do, continually pushing the boundaries of what is possible. Whether creating new products or helping a business become more relevant to its customers, you’ll be part of a team of creators who design and build with passion and enthusiasm, on deep foundations of research, collaboration and technical capability.
• You are inquisitive, have a passion for design and thrive on challenges
• You are creative and adaptive with a keen mind for collaboration
• You are mature with a lid on your ego and have a good sense of humour
• You enjoy working across a broad range of products, domains, sectors and industries
• Ensure high standards of research, analysis, and design quality across their portfolio
• Define and communicate strategies, design, and processes with colleagues, clients, and stakeholders
• Provide business sensibility, including scope definition, programme and stakeholder management
• Develop a team’s capabilities to continually raise standards
• Coach peers and junior designers for skills advancement and design process education
• Cultivate strong relationships across the firm and with clients
• Support business development initiatives within the team and the wider firm
• Support the team to meet operational standards and financial targets
• Proactively plan for growth based on demand and/or strategic investment
• Actively manage risks to ensure our engagements are profitable and deliverable
• Adhere to and promote values of the team ethos to “do the right thing, and do it right”
• Adhere to and promote accessibility standards and ethical design principles
• Adhere to and promote Information Security related processes, procedures and role-based responsibilities
Desired skills and experience
• Significant design-related experience (various industries and B2B experience is a bonus)
• Expertise in a wide range of research techniques and execution of related deliverables
• Expert at executing HCD deliverables, inc. research and design strategies, IA diagrams, personas, journey maps, wireframes and high-fidelity compositions
• Ability to design and lead workshops with all levels of participants (users to C-levels and execs)
• Demonstrable experience of solving complex problems using various design methodologies and working in a multi-disciplinary Agile environment (in-house or agency)
• Strong leadership skills, coaching Experience Designers, Business Analysts, and Development teams on the execution of design related activities
• Strong verbal and written communication skills with the ability to articulate, sell, defend, and receive feedback on work in a professional environment
• Exceptional consulting skills that include leading design-related conversations, surfacing project requirements, building and nurturing good relationships and productive collaboration
• Strong self-motivation and teamwork skills, with the ability to build momentum and pivot if needed
Let’s do this!
If the above role, environment is invited to you, please get in touch with me for a chat.